martedì 28 ottobre 2014

Goat Simulator Review

Goat Simulator is a joke of a game. It’s small, deliberately unpolished and buggy, and its design is simple. So it’s a good thing it’s a really funny joke, full of great physics-powered slapstick humor, and unexpected surprises in every corner of its seemingly peaceful small-town map. There’s not much actual gameplay here beyond breaking things for points, but shooting for a high score is probably the least entertaining thing about Goat Simulator. It’s mostly about exploring the fun house and discovering the hilarious surprises at your own pace.



There’s no story to explain why we’re a goat or what’s filled his heart with such murderous hatred, but the one that developed for me is an absurdist tale of an invincible creature terrorizing a rural community. It’s a sequence of weird and random events, like when I snagged a hapless bystander with my impossibly stretchy goat tongue, climbed a huge crane with my horrible ladder-climbing animation, then leaped from the top with my dangling captive in tow. I tapped Q to enable the rag-doll physics and F to activate slow motion so I could enjoy the goofy flailing of my goat and his unwilling passenger to its fullest. There’s always something delightful about watching the goat collapse in a heap on impact, then magically shaking it off as though nothing happened. Or, even better, watching him immediately get hit by a car.


Continue reading…



Goat Simulator Review

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento